What to Bring, Equipment Suggestions, Etc.
For Your Comfort
- Smile. Come with a friendly, open minded attitude.
- Old buildings tend to be poorly insulated- be sure to bring extra clothing for both cold & warm weather such as sweatshirts, rain gear, etc.
- RHA is NOT heated. It is brick, cinderblock, cement. It holds the cold and never really warms up in the building until late May. Dress warmer than you would normally.
- Dress in layers. If you are coming in Fall, Winter, or early Spring - dress as you would if you were spending the day outside playing in the cold & snow. You can always remove a layer - but once you're cold - your cold.
- Same thing regarding your feet. In the colder seasons - it is best to wear boots with socks. Be sure you can wiggle your toes freely. If your boots/shoes are too tight - your feet will be cold. Once your feet get cold - you will be miserable.
- Wear or bring a hat. People tend to stay warmer when their head is covered.
- Fingerless gloves or convertible gloves or mittens- so you can still operate your equipment - but keep your hands warm too.
- Bring a blanket. When sitting for extended periods of time while doing EVP sessions, etc, or if you like to sit on the floor, you will get chilly, a blanket helps.
- Hand & Foot Warmers
- Small first aid kit